Quality Programs, Unequaled Service
The WFMT Radio Network is your number-one source for classical, folk, jazz and fine arts programs of the highest quality and remarkable affordability. We have an unwavering commitment to provide efficient, attentive, professional service to all our affiliate stations. Affiliates enjoy an impressive selection of subscription series and specials, updated regularly in our online catalog of available programming. Programs are distributed online via the Public Radio Exchange (PRX). By special agreement, affiliates are exempt from any PRX-specific fees when downloading WFMT Radio Network programs from PRX (though please note that fees may apply for downloading other PRX programs not syndicated by the WFMT Radio Network). Below you will find information on the way we work with stations, as well as information on becoming an Affiliate of the WFMT Radio Network.
Becoming an Affiliate
- When stations air one or more programs, we ask for an affiliation fee to cover the cost of distribution. The cost for a station is determined by station coverage and population, and we take a station’s size and resources into consideration. The affiliation fee helps us provide further services to you.
- Becoming an Affiliate is easy! If you’re interested in having a conversation about what it means to be an Affiliate, to get a quote for your station, or to ask any questions related to being an Affiliate, contact Station Relations Manager, Estlin Usher.
Program Fees and Paid Programs
- We have three shows that always require a program carriage fee, given their expense to create and distribute: our two overnight services, Beethoven Network and Jazz Network; and Exploring Music with Bill McGlaughlin, our daily music appreciation show. Other than these, all of the programs in our current portfolio are available to our affiliates with no carriage fees.
- The fee for the Beethoven Network and Jazz Network is based on a sliding scale, based on the number of hours you use (the more hours you use, the lower the hourly rate). The fee is also reduced for HD broadcast, and we take a station’s size, market, and resources into consideration. With the flexibility of PRX, you can schedule any hour of Beethoven Network or Jazz Network throughout the day.
Highly Skilled Technical Support
- Our programs are distributed online via PRX, and are available to you days in advance so you can schedule them for broadcast at your convenience. We provide in-house technical support in conjunction with PRX to answer all your distribution questions. Please visit the Technical Support page for more information.
Affiliate Support a Top Priority
- The WFMT Radio Network takes client service seriously. You are never more than an email or phone call away for questions, suggestions, or consultation.
- Affiliates can stay informed about our shows though our comprehensive website, its searchable catalog of programming, the Network Newsletter (delivered via email, with news and previews of upcoming programs), and emails and voice mail messages that keep you up-to-date on shows we feel are of particular importance to you. Sign up for the Network Newsletter!
- We help you promote our shows by making multimedia and other digital assets available to you to augment your station’s website, social media, and other methods of outreach.
Feel free to take your time and wander through this website, and in particular our catalog of programming. We think you’ll find a wealth of great programs, programs worthy of great station like yours. And as always, don’t hesitate to get in touch! We’re here to help in any way we can.